THE SAILING SOFTWARE ALLIANCE
1. The Sailing Software Alliance (SSA) is
an unincorporated association of companies, partnerships, and individuals, who
wish to co-operate in their activity of supplying software to the sailing
2. Members of the SSA are committed to
furthering the sport of sailing through the application of Information
Technology. The Statement of Purpose, Organisation and Objectives of the SSA
are more fully defined in Appendix 1.
3. The SSA Operational Policy is to provide
and maintain a website which the sailing community can visit, in order to see
the software and services that are available from SSA members. The website also
provides a repository for case studies, useful documents and other reference
aims to be authoritative, impartial and independent, and to raise awareness of
members and enhance their credibility. Directly promoting products and
services is the responsibility of individual members.
the website the SSA itself provides no other service to the sailing community.
4. There are two classes of member, Commercial
and Individual. Commercial Members are organisations supplying services for
commercial gain. Individual Members are persons supplying services free of
5. The Annual Subscriptions for Commercial and
Individual Members are agreed at AGM.
6. The existing membership may elect new
members. Each member has a single vote to elect or not. A simple majority is
required for a decision. Ties are resolved by the Management Committee casting
a further one vote each.
7. Between three and five members are
elected by the membership, annually at the AGM, to form a Management
Committee. Members may each make one nomination, which may be themselves. Each
member has one vote, which may be for themself, and the nominees receiving the
highest number of votes are elected. Ties are decided by a second vote for one
or other of the tied nominees.
8. For any voting purpose each Commercial
Member has one single vote, and Individual Member has one single vote. Votes
may be delivered at a meeting or in advance by email (to the member calling the
9. Meetings are called, arranged, and
chaired by the Management Committee.
10. All members have the right to attend, speak and vote at
11. Finances are managed by the Management Committee. Accounts
are presented at each AGM.
12. Resolution of conflicts is the responsibility of the
13. Formal communication between members and the Management
Committee is by email.
14. Communication between members is free and open, and may be
by any means. Email is recommended, to provide visibility to all and to
provide a record of conversations.
15. In the event of dissolution of the SSA, all assets are to be
distributed to members in proportion to subscriptions paid.
16. As an unincorporated association the SSA is not liable for
any actions or inactions of its members.
17. Members are required to comply with the Code of Conduct
defined in Appendix 2. Members may be expelled for not following the Code of